Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Seeing is believing?

As a follow-up to what I wrote yesterday, can we actually agree or disagree with this statement? I was reading about the differences between pseduopsychology and psychology, and it states that pseudopsychology is "unsupported psychological beliefs masquerading as scientific truth" whereas psychology supports all evidences by performing tests etc. There is cold, hard evidence. (which may actually be debunked later but nevermind that) To put it in a simpler form.

They're basically saying we should believe in something only if there's concrete evidence, correct me if I'm wrong. Humans will only believe unless they see it. As children, we learnt about things because adults tell us its there, and we weren't old enough to disagree. Scientific evidences are what we believe in.


The thing is, how should we know if what we're seeing is REALLY there or NOT? Schizophrenics should very well believe that whatever hallucinations they have are real. You can only be a schizophrenic when somebody tells you you're seeing things (correct me if I'm wrong). We believe when the majority does, and each additional person forms the majority.

What if they majority is actually not right? What if something everybody believes to be existing is actually not really existing? You believe its THERE because other people tell you "no, look, its THERE!". Even if it wasn't there at first, you'll keep telling yourself its THERE because everybody else says so. Then you'll go "what right do I have to not believe?".

What if the FIRST person to know about that truth was wrong? It really only became "right" until more and more people agreed.



Eventually, we'll always choose to believe because we see no point in not believing. I mean, since we're here on earth, why make life so difficult by doubting the existence of everything around you, even yourself? Just give life the benefit of doubt and make life a little simpler. (Then why do I still ask? :/)

That does not mean I truly agree with the phrase "seeing is believing". For me, believing still isn't about the evidence. I don't even know what it is. Its just that there isn't much of a point disagreeing. Since you're in that fairytale, just live in it. Stay oblivious and be happy.

Maybe we're all made up of nothing and we're living in deception. Maybe I'm not here, and you're not there. I can never seem to accept anything that's not TRUE. Then again, even if it was, I'd still question it anyway. The day I stop questioning is the day my heart tells me to just live with it. To choose to believe even if it might not be true.

If you never believe, then keep questioning until you find out WHY you're always questioning. Maybe it'll help.

Its all about yourself. Nothing can make you believe until you choose to. So am I real? Is heaven real? I'll think about it again.

Choosing not to believe simply means you're on your own, you have nobody to rely upon. You've chosen your own path.


I'm sure many millions before me have thought the same way.

No comments: